View Single Post
Unread Mar 7th, 2007, 07:57 pm
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Currently Seeking Pro Work

Well Korea is over supplied with English Teaching jobs, as most of you maybe aware, and it is pretty mad picking through the one to make you think and go "Wow!".

I have been for so many telephone interviews, face to face meetings and being urged to sign a contract. However, I like to take my time and think through the job professionally. Now, I went for a job interview the other day and they wanted me to sign there and then. The work was impressive but I told them I would like to take the time to look through the contract and get back to them.

I emailed the contract back to them and now they are being defensive and trying to blame me and my wife for the delay. Am I wrong? Am I the one applying for the job or is it the other way round?

I am just going through a pretty stressful time (and most of those who have been following the past few months know it has been a stressful new year, a stressful time at my hakwon and now this). I have my CELTA now (got the best mark on the course) and now I have to deal with this c**p.

I am only looking for my second teaching position in Korea and am pretty confident and outline my aims for the job but there is so much pressure to start asap. Anyone have any experience of seeking employment in Korea and dealing with this type of stuff? Anyone recommend an employer in Korea who is professional? Should I move to Europe?