View Single Post
Unread Mar 9th, 2007, 08:57 am
English Teacher/Examiner

Whistleblower is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Currently Seeking Pro Work

Not sure there is a big LG Plant in Pyeongtaek but there is Ssangyong (쌍용) car plant nearby. However, Pyeongtaek is not that small so have to check that out.

Anyway I am moving to a place in Seoul "Hakye", my phonetic spelling, but spelt in Korean "하계". I would like to work freelance in the city working for major corporations (that's my next goal) and then hopefully setup an officetel Teaching business English to company CEO's (but that's a seperate subject and shall start a different thread about starting a business in Korea). Is anyone in Seoul? What's the city like? Does anyone teach privately to corporations? More importantly, what is the expected salary of a certified teacher in Korea with professional qualifications (per hour and monthly)?

Thx all for the support. This community is invaluable.

ps - Susan, I shall definately look at taking a DELTA in a few years. It is all good experience. Btw, I am from the UK so have no trouble getting employment in the EU but my wife is a different matter as she is Korean and still hasn't her British Passport.