View Single Post
Unread Apr 6th, 2007, 09:30 pm
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seeking advice, stories about Korea, etc.

Haha you will be fine in Korea. Give as good as you get, that's always my motto. If some guy is acting like a b**tard to you then do likewise or else he will start pushing you around. In the beginning when I started teaching I was such an easy to push person. I would end up doing extra classes without a moments notice, teaching private classes for very little money and generally get used again and again because I was TOO easy.

Then finally I had enough of getting pushed around, quit that job and moved on. Haven't looked back since and no director uses me now because they know I will cause a huge fuss if they do.

Oh, by the way Koreans feel really nervous if you shout at them in public, especially if it's an older person because of losing face is a big thing here. Also don't worry about not looking at them in the eye because most of them don't do it either 'cas they consider than rude.

There's no doubt it, Koreans are definitely different but you will totally enjoy it. It helped me grow as a person and change my views on life and I'm sure that it will do the same for you as well.

Any more questions then feel free to ask,

-livinginkorea (but not from there )