View Single Post
Unread Apr 10th, 2007, 11:14 pm
eslHQ Member

marie777 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A humiliating day - help required

Manuela

I agree with everything you said, I was actually thinking the other day, what are they actually learning by me just trying to please them. China is not the easiest place to teach, the students are known for being shy and never putting up their hands, for sleeping in lessons and reading newspapers, high school students can be difficult. We as teachers are employed just for oral, at the schools in China. On a positive note one of my students came running up to me after class yesterday and he had written me two pages about the difference between England and China, I was well touched, he wants to be a writer, I told him that I think for him this is possible.

I learnt a lot in my tefl but trying to do everything at once, theres probaly a few minor but important points I need to keep on top of, and one of them is a log of every lesson and what worked and didn't work.

I also think what you said is a good idea, more games for the afternoon when they are tired.

As for "happy teaching", I haven't quite reached that point yet, I have moments, but one day I hope I will really enjoy.

Marie