Unread Apr 20th, 2015, 11:03 pm
eslHQ Member

ska45 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Games for beginners?

Quote:
Quote danpacu View Post
Hello everybody.
I have the same problem as Milly.
Recently I had to start teaching englsih to pre-primary kids and have no experience at all with them. Luckily, I am not afraid of doing "the actor" in front of them. The problem is thas I got out of ideas as of games. Can anyone help me and explain me how to make an interesting game for them? I really need that kind of help.
Thank you in advance.
My idea is not so much a game as an activity, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. My 2nd grade kids will have a very low level of English - we will have to start at the beginning.

So one activity I am going to have them do, is to draw a picture of something they really like. It can be a favorite place, animal, food, sport, memory - whatever. I will give them about 10 minutes to do this. Once they are done, each child will share their drawing with the class and we will learn the word for what they drew. Their homework for that week will be to practice writing that letter. So if Kei drew a picture of a turtle, his letter to practice would be "T".

It might be more challenging to figure out what smaller kids draw, but also probably cute too!