View Single Post
Unread Feb 23rd, 2017, 03:27 am
eslHQ Member

Adam888 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas for 7 yr old, 3 hr lessons 5x a week

Did this activity with 7 year olds yesterday.
Have them sit down in a group (i had about 49 students). Work slowly with some animal flash cards. Ask them what they see, ask them to imitate the sounds and actions of the animal, have them describe or repeat a sentence about a particular characteristic of the animal. Review a few cards.
When your ready tell the children that they are going to be one of the animals. I had 7 photocopies of 7 different animals and so I distributed them randomly to the students. I then instructed them to form groups with their fellow animals. After this i called the groups up one at a time and they had to line up in front of the class and say with increasing volume which of the animals they were. After each group had completed the task, I walked up to the back of the room and commanded :"all elephants and tigers come to the back of the room and form two circles." The students needed assistance and got confused ocassionaly but after a few attempts there listening skills improved and they were able to perform the commands successfully. As the students were well behaved I let each student take their animal flashcard home.