View Single Post
Unread May 10th, 2007, 12:34 am
eslHQ Member

tlhan06 is on a distinguished road
Default Credible TEFL Programs?

I have one more semester as an undergraduate student in the United States, and will be graduating with a teacher certification. However, I have a great interest in beginning my teaching career abroad. I have been told that I need to go through a TEFL certification program to do so, but I'm unsure as to which organization/program to really consider.

A friend of mine said that she was going to try out Bridge-Linguatech, but I haven't received word about how the program is going for her yet. Does anyone know of other legitimate and credible TEFL courses to look into? (I would like the tangible, full experience before teaching abroad, so I would not be interested in taking an online course)

How long does the course usually take to complete, and how long does does it to complete a Masters in TEFL (correct title?)

Also, is it better to take the program in the country which you are interested in teaching in, or would it be okay to take the program in the United States (where I am from)? In the end, I would like the best training experience so disregard this question if it limits my choices.

Lastly, is TOEFL the test taken for a TEFL program?

Any help in answering ANY of these question would be appreciated! Additional information about TEFL courses and experiences also welcomed!