eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 9th, 2016, 08:16 am
eslHQ Member

black_lily is on a distinguished road
Default Please, take a look at my eting habits essay

I need some comments regarding grammar and vocabulary, also some thoughts on essay structure, and check whether I referenced sources according to APA style. Thanks
[quote]“How have your eating habits changed since you have been in college?”

The commencement of college education is an indispensable period in the life of a student since it always represents a time of substantial responsibility for health and food choices. It is a vital period for weight gain and bizarre traits such as keg stands and theme parties. The sedentary lifestyle in a college set up plays a crucial role in creating diverse eating habits among students. For instance, exposure to a new environment away from home, overwhelming freedom, availability of indulgent fast food lead to unhealthy transmutations in the eating habits of students. However, an analysis of the student’s diet reveals that proliferated workload and financial constraints have significantly changed my eating habits.

Prior to joining college, eating was very easy and fun: breakfast in the morning, lunch between classes, a snack in the evening, and supper with relatives later at night. However, college threw this schedule for a loop. The dramatic upsurge in complex examinations, club meetings, classes, and work-study jobs compelled me to consume fast foods because there was no time to focus on dietary elements. Therefore, I would take whatever is available to avert the hassles associated with upholding right dietary foods. Total immersion in fast food and a little fasting so as to get time to study and hang out with friends significantly changed my eating habits.

Food prices too played a major role in transmuting my dietary pattern. Financial constraints associated with college life hardly allow students to maintain a healthy diet. For instance, it is more expensive to buy fruits, fish, and fresh vegetables than purchase burgers and pizza. I did not have enough money to buy and eat healthier. Therefore, I would go for incredibly cheap food that always obtruded itself regularly and seductively in staggering profusion on sidewalks. The highly palatable refined food with an astonishing calorific load transformed me into a gargantuan.

College life substantially altered my dietary pattern. This is apparent from the metamorphosis of sustaining a healthy diet to the apprehension of fast foods that expose my health at risk. This is vindicated by the fact that college life does not offer an appropriate environment for maintaining healthy eating habits.

References:
1. "What's Behind First-Year Weight Gain?" Kids Health. Retrieved from Beating the Freshman 15
2. "Fast Food." Jet Writers. Retrieved from Fast Food Essay Sample | JetWriters
3. "College students share their most intimate struggles with eating disorders." Spoon University. College USA Today. Retrieved from College students share their most intimate struggles with eating disorders: Part I | Voices From Campus News for College Students | USA TODAY College
Unread Nov 6th, 2016, 06:00 am
Sue

susan53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please, take a look at my eting habits essay

I don't think you'll find anyone here willing to correct a whole essay for you. Just post individual questions about language points you're not sure of.
As far as your query about referencing is concerned - no it isn't conventional APA style. You'll find a good guide here : Purdue On-line Writing Lab (OWL)