eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 15th, 2011, 05:13 am
eslHQ Member

sarah88 is on a distinguished road
Default Ideas for teaching 50 kindargarten students..ekk!

Hello

Today I have been asked to teach a classroom of 50 kindargarten students in thailand. They are mainly learning ABC and 123. The class is about 45mins to 1 hour.

I need some fun games to play that can be used with a large group of students to help maintain their focuse and reinenforce abc/123.

If any one has some classroom mangagement advice that would be useful to!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

:-)
Unread Sep 19th, 2011, 12:09 am
eslHQ Member

veronika.ke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas for teaching 50 kindargarten students..ekk!

Yikes, 50 kids. Bless your heart.
Here are a few things I've done with 8-year olds, I think they might transfer to a younger age too, maybe.
Countdown. My kids used textbooks, but whatever you want them to do (form a circle, find a pair, etc), start counting down. The kids catch on that they have to do something quickly and they have fun following your instructions. When I get to 2 - 1, I stretch on the numbers in a silly way for the slower kids "uuuuuu-aaaaaaaa-nnnnnnnn... zeeeeeeeeeerooooooo" and the kids join in and shout it with me.
For discipline, I put 6 squares on the board, filling them in with silly smiley faces and sad faces based on class behavior, and do it without much commentary. When the kids are unruly, I silently walk to the board and add a sad face, or start slowly erasing a smiley face. Now when I filled in 3 sad faces, I would have some kind of "punishment (no stickers today!)" and vice versa, but with your little ones, the faces themselves might be enough motivation (?)
You might teach animals too. If you divide the class into several groups, "team elephant", "team monkey" etc, and tell a fun simple story with lots of drama, kids can do a gesture and the sound of their animal when they hear it mentioned in the story. Very interactive, kids pay close attention and recognize words.
Make sure that you are having fun too. Good luck!