eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread May 12th, 2012, 02:49 am
eslHQ Member

mitsunori is on a distinguished road
Default please help

Anyone knows an activity using the target sentence " I think that"
Thanks in advance!!!
Unread May 12th, 2012, 04:06 am
Sue

susan53 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: please help

Draw the beginning of a line drawing on the board. Ss try and guess what the picture is going to be - eg if you've drawn a circle : I think it's a face, I think it's the sun, I think it's a ball etc. Add another small part of the drawing - they go on guessing, add another part - and so on until you have completed the picture.
Some things you can draw : a house, a bicycle, a pair of glasses, a car - Google "blackboard drawing" for sites which show you how to do simple drawings.
Unread May 12th, 2012, 04:24 am
eslHQ Member

mitsunori is on a distinguished road

susan.. thanks for your reply!!!
Unread May 18th, 2012, 08:21 am
Teacher Trainer

LouannePiccolo is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitsunori!

You can also play a version of "Duck, duck, goose" with it.

Have the children sit in a circle and choose one child who must walk around the circle touching the other children on the head as he/she goes by, saying with each touch "I think that...".
When the child chooses someone, he/she must touch the head of the child he/she is choosing and complete the sentence "I think that" with anything that makes sense. For example: I think that you are pretty/I think that you are a cat/I think that it's Sunday/I think that I want chips.

The child who has been chosen must then run after the first child. If the first child gets to the space left by the second child and sits down then the game continues with the second child circling and saying "I think that". If the first child is caught by the second child then he/she must sit in the middle of the circle for the next round (but only the next round - it's not punishment, just part of the game and every child wants to be part of the game!).

This is a great game because of the repetitive element of language use. Hope you can use it!
Louanne