Changwon is considered as one of the most highly desired places to teach. Go to forums like eslcafe.com & ask the resident English native teachers currently in Changwon & they will confirm this.
For further information on the city, have a look here: Gyeongsangnam-do - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- province Changwon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- city Welcome to Changwon City
- govt. website O'Briens Irish Bar and Restaurant, Korea
- foreign owned bar
Also, have a look at the pictures below
These positions are with the government of South Korea, they come with government contract & are the most secure positions that you can get.
In Changwon, we have elementary & middle school positions available.
There are only 22 classes per week. 1 elementary class is 40 minutes & 1 middle school class is 50 minutes.
Hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. No split shift & no weekends.
The excess time would be use for lesson plans, setting / marking homework, tests, evaluations, curriculum development – anything that a teacher would be expected to do.
Pay is between 2.0m to 2.85m won per month.
In addition, you will get:
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• round-trip flights
• rent-free single apartment
• 14 working days paid vacation + national holidays
• medical contributions
• pension contributions
• severance payment
• 15 sick paid leave allowance
• 7 day special leave allowance
• 2 weeks additional paid vacation if you resign your contract after the first year
The successful candidate:
1. will be a citizen of the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
2. will hold a Bachelor diploma in any field
3. will have a clean criminal background history
To apply, simply post your application on Korean Horizons - Teach English in South Korea
. Alternatively, send your resume & picture to Jobs@KoreanHorizons.com