Want to teach in Public School in S.Korea? Secure your teaching job in S.Korea at a public elementary school, public middle school and public high school in various locations through a reliable and secure recruitment agency in Korea.
Why teach in Public School?
-4 weeks vacation
-Shorter teaching hours (22hours/week)
-Every class has an assistant to help you.
- Full orientation is given making it easy for you to settle into your new life
What are you waiting?! apply now for our EPIK program and SMOE Program and enjoy the benefits teaching in Public school.
About the Program: (Start Date: End of August)
EPIK (English Program in Korea) run by the Korean Ministry of Education was established in 1995 with the mandate to improve the English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea, to develop cultural exchanges, and to reform teaching methodologies in English while enhancing the Korean image internationally.
EPIK, program of the Korean Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, invites responsible, enthusiastic native English speakers to conduct English conversation classes for Korean primary and secondary public school students as part of the Korean government's aim to promote and strengthen English language education.
**Due to high competition, some of cities will close fast and we suggest you to apply at least 3 months in advance.
EPIK-Public school positions!!
The 16 Provincial Offices of Education that comprise the EPIK program are ('c' indicates a city-province):
Busan (c) Ulsan (c) Chungbuk (Chungcheongbuk-do) Gyeongbuk (Gyeongsangbuk-do)
Daegu (c) Seoul (c) Chungnam (Chungcheongnam-do) Gyeongnam (Gyeongsangnam-do)
Gangwon (Gangwon-do) Jeju (Jeju-do)
Gyeonggi (Gyeonggi-do) Jeonbuk (Jeollabuk-do)
*SMOE means Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education. As of 2004, Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education accommodates 2,210 schools with 1,573,684 students and 72,711 teachers. To meet the industrial needs, the ratio of students attending vocational high schools to those attending academic high schools is steadily increasing.
Qualification for application for Seoul Public Schools
To be qualified for SMOE Application, you should qualify at least one requirement;
1. B.A or M.S degree in Education / English / English Literature
2. More than one year of full time English teaching experience from registered education institution
3. Teaching certificate (TESOL / ESOL / TEFL / CELTA) with 100 hrs course
All EPIK and SMOE teachers will be entitled to the following benefits:
1. The employment period will be 1 year (52 weeks).
2. Working hours: 8 hours/day, Teaching hours: 22 hrs/week, Mon-Friday
(no work on weekends nor national holidays).
3. Salary: 1.8~ 2.7 million won/month (depending on location and experience)
4. Working from 8:30am~ 4:30pm or 9am~ 5pm.
5. Class size anywhere from 10~ over 45. Normally 25~40 students/class
6. One class is 40mins~ 45mins
7. 18~ 20 working days vacation/ year
8. Teaching levels: Elementary or Middle school or High schools
9. Single housing (or housing allowance available)
10. 300,000 won Settlement pay upon teacher's arrival
11. 100% Severance pay (equal to one month salary)
12. 50% medical insurance, 50% national pension plan supported
13. Full furnished single housing or housing allowance: 400,000 Ė 500,000 per month
14. Round trip airfare(one way reimbursed upon teacher is arrival and the other will be paid when you complete your contract
HOW TO APPLY
1. Send us your full resume along with your contact number and your recent photo.
2. Let us know your available date/time for the interview with us. (we will explain to you more about public school program and difference between public school program and private language institute. Some applicants may change his/her mind and wish to work for private language institute here. Then we will guide you for private language institute).
3. If you successfully pass the interview, we will send you a few forms from EPIK and you need to fill out the form and return to us by email.
4. Then we send your EPIK applications to EPIK host, and they will screen your application.
5. If EPIK choose your application, we will inform to you when EPIK will call you for interview.
6. If you pass the interview with EPIK host, we will inform you and you need to prepare all visa documents and send them all to our company before/by 1st Aug. firstname.lastname@example.org
. Contact Person- Jeannie Park.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS:
1. Completed Application Form
2. BA and MA Diploma
3. Official Sealed Transcript (BA and MA)
4. A clear copy of Passport (Photo page only)
5. Criminal Record Check (Photo page only)
6. Two reference (recommendation) letters
7. Teaching Certification or Language Certificate (TESOL or CELTA)
8. One passport size photo
9. Letter of full-time teaching experience proof. Only one full year of experience will be considered as a full time teaching experience (for better salary criteria).
Applicants can work at different places and can choose different cities to work in.
If you have any questions or qualifications, donít hesitate to email us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.