View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Unread May 7th, 2006, 05:53 pm
little sage's Avatar
little sage little sage is offline
Join Date: Jan 8th, 2005
Posts: 254
little sage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about Korea and dependants

Though I've been in Daejeon for all 6 of my teaching years and I've submitted my actual diploma to the immigration office in this city several times, including when applying for my work visa last December (2005), they still asked me to sign the verification form when I went in March to apply for my immigration card.

Basically, it's a form you sign promising that your diploma is real. There is a computer at the back of the office (in Daejeon) where you must look up your university on-line and give the immigration office the phone/fax number they need to contact your university directly. And they do contact your university directly.

I heard of one girl whose university "didn't have her on record". Needless to say, she had some big problems.

Reply With Quote