View Single Post
Unread Jul 12th, 2010, 08:43 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: adding moderators

Hi

I really appreciate you guys volunteering to help moderate the forums. As traffic increases, so does the spam and it's hard to keep up with it.

So, you've all been made moderators!

I'm new to adding moderators to forums so I want to proceed in baby steps. I want to make sure I have my permissions set up correctly so I don't lock you out of the forums or grant unrestricted admin permissions either....

So I've added you as moderators to the ESL Forums for now (including all sub-forums of ESL Forums). After we know this is working as it should be, then I will extend these permissions to the rest of the forums. But it's easier for me to test to make sure everyone has the correct permissions in this section instead of setting up all of the sections and having to go back and make changes to all of the permissions... and there are so many permissions to change!

So, on top of what you can already do, you should now be able to do the following in the ESL Forums category and all of its sub-categories:

- Delete Posts
- Moderate Posts
- Moderate Attachments
- Manage Threads
- Edit Threads

Basically, if it's spam, you'll be able to delete it. If it's questionable, you'll be able to moderate (ie. unpublish it) it until I can see it. If a thread is posted in the wrong forum, you'll be able to move it.

But don't worry about using the delete function... you can delete something and it will be removed from the forums but it will not be completely removed and I will be able to re-instate it if a mistake was made.

OK, let me know if you have any questions about this and I will do my best to answer them. But this is new for me as well and I will be learning as we go.

Thanks again & happy moderating!

Eric