View Single Post
Unread Aug 26th, 2010, 12:12 am
eslHQ Member

liebkostdrache is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kids camp help URGENTLY needed

Things are finally going better. I now have 3 classes within the class. That's tough, and keeps me very busy hopping from group to group (I had to physically separate them into different tables and areas of the room) but giving each 'class' a project that is different seems to be working, but even then, the children are reluctant to 'work', so I try to make it fun. Today we'll try creating our own adventure game. We'll see how that works...I'll give each group a different 'job' for the game, but I'll have to act quickly...these kids are 'finished!' with being there at 11:30! I've switched the focus to 'Illustration and Stories' with a different topic each day. So far, it's working! Now, I'll just need to put together the 'Camp Magazine', take some photos, get the kids to keep putting their work on the walls instead of trying to sneak it home, and keep giving the rewards and daily 'good student' type certificates to those who earn it. Any suggestions for keeping them focused now that they've calmed down a bit?