View Single Post
  #13 (permalink)  
Unread Feb 14th, 2011, 01:18 am
tomhume89 tomhume89 is offline
eslHQ Member
Join Date: Nov 14th, 2010
Location: Hunan, China
Age: 34
Posts: 11
tomhume89 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Going to Hong Kong to get a new visa

You can go to the Chinese consulate direct to get it done in Wan Chai on HK Island (Address/Office hours/Enquiry service). This, in my understanding, takes a while as there's often a queue and you have to wait for a long time- and when you get to a counter maybe there's something wrong with your docs and you have to start again!

On the other hand (this is what I've done a couple of times), you can go to an agent, who will do everything for you, but at a price. I think overall, with next day turnover (due to my FAO at the time messing things up!) it was around 1800HK$ which was a lot but paid for by my school. It was across the road from Chungking Mansions and fairly easy to find (small doorway, clearly marked).

I'm a Brit, but I don't think there will be much difference in the procedure.
Reply With Quote