View Single Post
Unread Apr 14th, 2005, 05:14 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road

No idea here but thats a pretty cool thing you can apply for. After doing a very brief search about this, it seems to be a common thing. In my opinion (ONLY OPINION) it seems like it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Here's some more info i found on the subject:

Quote:
Quote http://www.worldvillage.org/e/glf/lgl.html
What should I do when I wish to engage in an activity not covered by my present status?

Under an amendment of the Immigration Control Act, which came into effect on June 1, 1990, when a foreign national desires to engage in an activity involving the management of business or remuneration other than that permitted under his/her present status of residence, (s)he must apply for and obtain permission to do so in advance.

For example, this permission is required when a missionary wishesto teach English at an English conversation school, or when a student wishes to engage in a part-time job.

Documents to be submitted
(1) Application for permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted ... 2 copies.
(2) Materials indicating in concrete terms the nature of the activity to be engaged in (e.g., copy of employment contract, brochure describing the business of the employer etc.) ... 1 copy each
(3) Materials indicating the nature of the activity presently engaged in (e. g., enrollment certificate of foreign student, etc.) ... 1 copy each

If the application is approved, a "Permit to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted by the Status of Residence Previously Granted" will be issued to the applicant.

Anyone engaging in an activity involving the management of business or remuneration other than that permitted by his/her previously granted, status of residence but without obtaining permission, may be subject to punishment, and anyone who knowingly employs such a person may also be punished. (See B-1 about the procedures)
sorry, can't be of any more help on this one.