View Single Post
Unread Feb 9th, 2013, 10:13 pm
I like it hot!

Denis DNT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Don't know how to make my lessons fun and interesting

For those ones below 6 it's like baby sitting. A lot of things you might actually be ignoring count.
1. Your dressing. Make it as colorful as you can. Get a funny bag with lots of fun things in it: masks, toys, dolls, bells, whistles, etc.
Train the kids to know that bag has a lot of fun things inside. Don't throw everything out as you begin the class. Use them for games, contests, discipline, grading, etc. I taught in a kindergarten 8years ago and we had a dressing room at school with tons of fun things to put on. It really gets the kids to stick with you as much as you want. If your school doesn't have such materials I guess you will have to spare a few RMBs to get some things that can help you be a great kindergarten teacher. I repeat, it is not much different from baby sitting.
2. Songs songs songs songs and songs. Turn everything into a song. Even good morning, make it sound musical. Goodbye. Learn how to say goodbye in like five different tones.
3. Replace most of your talking with grimace / gestures / movements and you will find that your students will find your lessons more interesting.
Like I said that was a long time ago and was a lot of fun to me. Now I have to deal with university students who spend most of their time asking me whether I have a girlfriend or not.
Good luck mate
Click here to join.