View Single Post
Unread Apr 8th, 2013, 10:27 am
Teacher Trainer

LouannePiccolo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In a tough situation

Hi Mdan,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!
You have quite a complex situation here. Do you have any ideas at all as to how you want to do this?

I think that the best scenario would be to divide children up into levels to start off with. One idea would be to plan different games where children have to speak in English (even minimally) to play. Most games can be adapted to suit different language levels. Then, to make sure they don't become bored, it might be a good idea to rotate groups around the games. For example: you could have one group playing Duck, duck, goose to practise the alphabet and another playing Twister to practise colours and body parts for 10 minutes until you clap your hands or blow a whistle. All groups stand up and rotate to their right until they've done all the games.

Granted, this is just an idea as to how to organise such a large group of children with different levels BUT I take it you will be the only teacher there? So, more thought needs to be put into how you're going to explain each game to each group, drill the vocabulary beforehand and how you're going to organise the level of the game to suit each group as you can't be in more than one place at a time obviously.

This is just a basic idea. Let me know if you have any questions! I'll get back to you quicker this time, I promise!

Louanne