Sep 6th, 2009, 11:15 pm
mind like a sieve
| || |
Join Date: Nov 15th, 2006
| | Better Language Teaching
Better Language Teaching
- Do you struggle to come up with original, interesting, and challenging ideas?
- Do you find yourself repeating the same few activities again and again?
- Do you want more flexibility in your activities, allowing for more dynamic classes?
- Do you simply want to replenish your teaching bag of activities and games?
has 100 activities
plus more than 50 variations
! Better Language Teaching
You can never have too many activities at your fingertips. You can never have too many variations. With a simple tweak or two, the students can practice, reuse, and reinforce the language. Flexibility, fun, and interesting are a few more must-haves.
Oh, and they must be easy to understand and quick to implement. Better Language Teaching
I'll be honest. That's only 50% of the equation. Activities still need firm application of methods and techniques to get your students communicating.
Better Language Teaching has the following inside:
- Effective methods for sound lesson structure.
- The importance of Warm Ups for students.
- The importance of adequate reinforcement early in the lesson for improved language production later.
- How mistakes can indicate risk and experimentation by the students... good things!
- How a student-centered class develops problem-solving skills for successful speaking.
- The learning styles of students, and how that affects their approach to language acquisition.
- How to effectively present and practice the lesson material.
- How to set up groups and pairs, and move between the two, for reuse of the language.
- The important balance between Teacher Talk Time and Student Talk Time.
- What constitutes effective and ineffective speaking opportunities.
- Methods and techniques for effective correction.
- And much, much more!
There's so much more to say... You can learn more here: Better Language Teaching