eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Oct 16th, 2006, 04:33 pm
eslHQ Member

Valll9 is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi Everyone!!

Hello!
I just realised that I have registered to this site more than a week ago, have been coming here every day, and haven't even introduced myself yet!

Well my name is Valerie, I am a University student - studying to be a teacher - and I was offered a job to help french-speaking students learn english faster with games and activities at luch and after school!

I live in Quebec, Canada, and I am so happy to have found this internet site! All of the games I have used so far comes from here!

Anyways.. that's about it! I will probably be part of this forum for a long time since my career is all about teaching!!!!

Have a good day! and can't wait for you to help me, and hope I can help you too!!!!
Unread Oct 16th, 2006, 06:11 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi Everyone!!

Welcome, Valerie!

What city are you living in? I went to Quebec City for my honeymoon this summer and it was AWESOME!

Eric
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 12:45 am
Ninja Fighting Teacher

livinginkorea is on a distinguished road

Welcome abroad Val! Get back to the study!!
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 01:55 am
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums!
Unread Oct 17th, 2006, 08:24 am
Administrator

little sage is on a distinguished road

Hello, Valerie. Welcome to the site.

Do you know if it's it easy to find ESL jobs in Quebec? I'm thinking of moving there when I finish working in Korea. I love winter.
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 07:58 am
eslHQ Member

Quote:
Quote little sage

Do you know if it's it easy to find ESL jobs in Quebec? I'm thinking of moving there when I finish working in Korea. I love winter.
Yes! It is really easy to find ESL jobs here in Quebec! They are having trouble finding ESL teachers! So much trouble that they are even asking University students that are studying to be ESL teachers, and getting them to teach before they get their diploma! Many of them stop studying, or continue part time. Also, many of those who do teach ESL have trouble pronouncing english, especially in College ESL.

Also, since this school year, there are ESL classes for grades 1 and 2 now (which we didnn't have before) !! = More jobs!

And, if you love winter.. you'll love it here because it is winter almost half of the year!! (I'm exagerating but it IS pretty cold most of the time !!!)

Eric: I live in Shawinigan... in the Region of La Mauricie. For you honeymoon, did you visit anything interesting?? What did you like the best? Did you come in winter or summer...??
Unread Oct 18th, 2006, 04:55 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote Valll9
Eric: I live in Shawinigan... in the Region of La Mauricie. For you honeymoon, did you visit anything interesting?? What did you like the best? Did you come in winter or summer...??
We went in the summer which was so nice. We spent most of our time in the old city just checking out cafes and eating great food.
Unread Oct 19th, 2006, 02:03 am
Administrator

little sage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote Valll9
Yes! It is really easy to find ESL jobs here in Quebec! They are having trouble finding ESL teachers! So much trouble that they are even asking University students that are studying to be ESL teachers, and getting them to teach before they get their diploma!
I had no idea that Quebec was looking for ESL teachers! I'm from Ontario and went to school in Montreal where everyone speaks 3 languages it seems.

In Ontario, the qualifications for ESL teachers are pretty strict. You have to have graduated from an Ontario government certified TESL program. Every province has certified different programs, as far as I know. I will definitely check into which TESL certification programs Quebec approves. Thanks so much for the info!

Take care,
Karen
Unread Oct 20th, 2006, 10:25 am
eslHQ Member

Welcome!! Yeah, in montreal, people speak many languages... but if you go anywhere else... it isn<t like that at all!!!
Unread Dec 28th, 2010, 02:45 am
eslHQ Member

iamapanda is on a distinguished road

Hi Val,

I've just stumbled across this post and I know that its 4 years on but thought i'd see if you were still on here! I'm currently teaching English in China and want to move to Quebec early next year. Is it easy to find ESL jobs? Are there any good websites to visit? Google isn't turning up much! Thanks!
Unread Dec 31st, 2010, 12:48 am
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road

imapanda - welcome to the forums.

there are a few people here teaching in China. Hopefully they'll chime in on the best approach to finding sites.

Happy teaching!