eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 13th, 2006, 11:55 am
eslHQ Member

blue_eyed_kitty is on a distinguished road
Talking Hi from Poland:)

Hey!
My name is Barbara and I'm a student of teachers' training college and now I'm in training
I'm very happy that I found this forum It will surely help me in creating some of my lessons
I bet you remember how hard first lessons are

Wish me luck

Unread Sep 13th, 2006, 04:32 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi from Poland:)

blue eyed kitty - welcome to eslHQ!

I look forward to hearing more from you about your teaching position.

Happy teaching,
Mark
Unread Sep 13th, 2006, 05:30 pm
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

Actually I remember spending hours and hours planning my first lesson at my TEFL course. Don't worry. It gets a LOT easier!

Eric
Unread Sep 14th, 2006, 06:28 am
eslHQ Member

Hey
Currenly I'm teaching a group of 15kids. Theyre about 13 years old. I used to think that I was bad at working with children but now it turned out that I'm quite good Teacher who is my trainer said that I have heart for it and that I treat kid with some kind of mother's love Sounds good for me
Kids are adorable, they can be noisy but they are also soooo eager to cooperate And I just love it.
I'm a little bit disappointed because I spoiled a game today But I'm there not only to teach but also to learn so I guess it was a lesson for me...
Have a nice day
Unread Sep 14th, 2006, 07:01 am
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road

Games can sometimes be tricky business.

Would you mind telling us what happened? It's good for us all.

I generally butcher games when I'm too quick with the instructions or haven't practiced the language well enough.
Unread Sep 14th, 2006, 08:16 am
eslHQ Member

I should start with telling that the game was 'Simon Says'... U probably think: 'How can you spoil this game?' I could
First I forgot to mention the main rule-'If there's no 'simon says', there's no action'. So Once it was there and once it wasn't. Then I wanted to start from giving commends to every kind and then change it so they would give commends to themseves. And I forgot about the first step... So It got a little boring after a while and I was soooo scared that I could come up with any new activity. But next time I'm gonna be prepared
The most difficult task will be teaching older kids...Now my friends works with them, then there'll be my turn. The older ones are evil....and I mean it. I observed two lessons and it was one big mess:they were swearing, using polish instead of english, and ignoring the teacher...We'll see what will happen
Unread Sep 14th, 2006, 09:29 am
Administrator

Eric is on a distinguished road

These things happen, even in real life. 'Bad' classes will switch to L1 and often swear so your course sounds like good practice.

In one of my first weeks of real teaching in a real classroom i made a middle school girl cry (can't remember why but i wasnt being very diplomatic in my game). i still think about it to this day but she i, think, has forgotten about it. you just never know what else has happened to those students before they got to your class.
Unread Sep 14th, 2006, 10:03 am
eslHQ Member

Thumbs down Re: Hi from Poland:)

I just god bad news. I mean BAD news...A teacher who will asses me for my work with students has time only in two weeks..It's gonna be my first lesson with those 'bad' kids...I just want to die now j/k but I know it won't be anything good

In this group there are some people with very good english, but they're just rebels...And some people who have no idea about english and are also rebels. And few girls who are good in english and are nice and calm-I guess they're my only hope... Now I need to start thinking about a lesson plan for them...I have a lot of time so I hope it won't be a total disaster...

I wanna cry...

EDIT:

Phew...everythings OK I talked to authorities and they let me to stay in the younger group

Last edited by blue_eyed_kitty : Sep 18th, 2006 at 06:48 am.
Unread Dec 5th, 2006, 04:52 am
eslHQ Addict

musica is on a distinguished road

Try Head and Shoulders Knees and toes, that is a simple game.
I remember when I was on my first teaching practices when I was responsible for teaching the entire lessons I would be sick every morning before leaving for school, I was so self conscious, it is hard to believe. It is good to challenge yourself and face the fear and grow.
Good for you and I feel your energy and commitment to your students in your writing.
As Eric said, all experiences, good and bad all add to our skills as teachers. It goes the same in life.
Unread Dec 5th, 2006, 04:55 am
eslHQ Addict

musica is on a distinguished road

Sorry I forgot the link
You can listen to the song here
http://www.pamseslclassroom.com/Free_ESL_Music.html
and the words are pretty simple. The instructions are with the lyrics
http://www.pamseslclassroom.com/_Hea...Shoulders.html