eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Sep 30th, 2009, 12:59 pm
eslHQ Member

adrimari is on a distinguished road
Default help!

Hello!
So good that I have found this forum because I simply do not know what to do. I teach English in a secondary school and I have encountered problems that I have never expected. I mean , my pupils are very rude, they refuse to listen to me, they refuse to attend the lesson, to pay attention to anything that I say to them.I mean it's almost unbearable this attitude that they have and I do not understand what is happening. What is so strange is the fact that I am treated with hostility even before I start my lesson. It's looks like a sort of strage bullying.
If anyone has confronted with such a problem , please tell me what to do. I am simply disperate.
Thank-you in advance for your advices
Unread Sep 30th, 2009, 11:33 pm
eslHQ superstar!

mesmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: help!

adrimari - Sorry to hear about your problems.

Can you tell us more about your situation. Where are teaching? What country?

Are your lessons at a public school or private conversation school?

Is this a system wide problem at your work place or just with your lessons?
Unread Oct 1st, 2009, 06:27 am
eslHQ Member

adrimari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: help!

Well, I teach English in Romania. It is not a private school. It is a sort of second chance school( as they are called here) . Many of the pupils that attend this school are children with problems in learning and behaviour, I even have an autistic pupil.It is a very small village, in fact. What I have found very interesting is the way they relate to me, as a teacher. I mean the classes are, very, very personal, I have never seen something like this before.How shall I put it ?They treat me as I were one of thier colleague and more, as if I were the silliest of their colleagues.To me, as I specified before, it looks like a phenomenon of bullying, really.Sometime I get the feeling that I am a sort of "black-sheep" teacher in the school, if you know what I mean.This school does not even has a psychologist , it is a poor village. Sometimes I feel that I am a target for mobbing. But in my country there is much corruption and I simply do not know what to do. I mean if anyone has confronted with such a problem please tell me what have you done to solve it?