Absolutely the most secure/reliable positions in all of Korea
Teach with Korea’s oldest and largest employer of ESL teachers and never worry about late-payments or unfair employment practices all too common of the ESL industry here. We ALWAYS honor our contract. This is NOT an ad from a recruiter. Apply DIRECTLY to the YBM head office and have the best choice of locations and be considered for all of our upcoming positions.
Benefits you receive with YBM ECC which other schools may not provide:
l RENT-FREE, furnished, single housing w/air conditioning located within walking distance to the school.
l Competitive salary of 2.0 million to 2.4 million won for 26 teaching hours per week equal to about 105 teaching hours per month: less hours than the average contract in Korea.
l Guaranteed contracts; you will always be paid on time and in full by the YBM Head Office in Seoul, regardless of the financial condition of your school
l Prepaid air tickets, not reimbursed, from the nearest major home city of prospective teachers.
l Relocation allowance 200,000 won
l Visa Fee Subsidy 50,000 won
l Korean National Medical Insurance
l Compliance with the Pension tax refund for qualifying teachers
l Year-end completion bonus/severance (one extra month’s salary)
l Vacation days (10 days plus all Korean National holidays)
l Medical testing provided and paid for by YBM
l Paid Orientation and training with our teacher trainer.
Below are our positions at our company-owned and operated ECC schools. Check out these schools on our website Welcome to YBM Education::
for extensive information and pictures. Click on the tab “ECC Locations” or “Pictures of ECC”. Apply early to get the best choice!
For positions starting on June 29th, departing at the end of June
1. GangSeo ECC Located near Ujangsan subway station on line 5, in the western part of Seoul. Gangseo offers a less congested environment than central Seoul but with all the amenities you would expect from a district that is part of Seoul. It is near the popular university district located near Shinchon and Hongik University subway stations known for its nightlife and eating establishments.
1. Haeundae ECC Located in the city of Busan. It is a coastal city, which is famous for its many beaches. Our school is near Jangsan Subway Station. This area has all the amenities needed such as restaurants, bars, and places to shop. Also, the famous Haeundae Beach is only a short bus ride away.
2. Gaegeum ECC Located near the Naejeong Subway Station, we are in the Seomyeon area, which is considered to be downtown Busan, an area that is popular among young Koreans and foreigners. There are many restaurants, clubs, and bars in this area for you to enjoy. We are also close to the Pusan National University district also a popular area to spend our time.
For positions starting on August 1st, departing at the end of July
1. Ssangmun ECC Located near the Korea University area also called Daehangno where many university students hang out. Our school is also near the Nowon area, which features many bars and restaurants. For hiking and nature enthusiasts, you can visit Dobong Mountain, which is also located near our school.
2. Banpo ECC Located in the affluent Gangnam district. This area of Seoul is considered to be one of the most affluent districts in Korea. Banpo ECC is located close to many amenities such as department stores, restaurants, and movie theaters. Banpo is near four subway lines making a very convenient location to be in.
3. Sungbuk ECC Located near Sungshin Women’s University subway station (line 4) in Seoul. We are just a short subway ride to the famous Dongdaemun market and only two stops away from the popular Daehangno (College Street) district. This is a very busy university area with many clubs, bars, shops, cafes and live shows.
4. Yeungdeungpo ECC Located near Daerim Subway Station. This area is an affluent residential area, providing many places to eat as well as ritzy department stores. Daerim Station is only about 15mins away from the exciting Hongdae/Shinchon area and 25mins away from the Gangnam area, both famous for it’s nightlife and shopping.
5. Mokdong ECC Located near Omokgyo Subway Station. We are in an affluent Mokdong area of Seoul. It also happens to be near the excitement-packed Shinchon/Hongdae area as well as Itaewon.
6. Junggye ECC Located in the northeastern part of Seoul. Junggye ECC is located in the Nowon area, is a very busy area with many shops, restaurants, and bars. There are many foreign-owned restaurants and bars to cater to foreign teachers. Also for hiking enthusiasts, there are mountains nearby for you to climb.
7. Seokgye ECC Located near Dolgoji subway station on line 6. Seokggye ECC is also near the Nowon area, which is famous for it’s expat community. The Nowon area features many foreign owned bars and restaurants that cater to the foreign teachers.
8. Jamsil ECC Located near the Jamsil subway station in the affluent southeastern part of Seoul. There are also a many restaurants, cafes, and bars surrounding the school. We are also nearby the COEX mall, Asia’s largest shopping mall, and the Lotte World amusement park and hotel. We are also close to Gangnam and Sincheon districts known for its recreation and nightlife.
9. GangSeo ECC Located near Ujangsan subway station on line 5, in the western part of Seoul. Gangseo offers a less congested environment than central Seoul but with all the amenities you would expect from a district that is part of Seoul. It is near the popular university district located near Shinchon and Hongik University subway stations known for its nightlife and eating establishments.
1. Ilsan ECC Located in Ilsan, one of Korea's premiere suburb-like cities just north of Seoul. This part of Korea is cleaner & quieter than Seoul and has all the same amenities. Our academy is located near Juyeop station, which runs from Ilsan to Seoul on the Subway line number 3.
2. Hwajeong ECC Located just northwest of Seoul; Hwajeong combines the best of city living but with a clean and refreshing environment with all the amenities of Seoul. Ilsan is connected to Seoul by the subway and is just 30 minutes to downtown Seoul from Hwajeong station.
1. Nam-Bundang ECC Located near Sunae subway station in the affluent city of Bundang. Nam-Bundang is connected Seoul by subway and buses that frequently go to the Gangnam area. Located nearby the school is the Samsung Plaza for shopping, restaurants, cafes, and movie theaters for entertainment. Nam-Bundang has all the amenities of Seoul but in cleaner, safer and more affluent neighborhood.
1. Suseong ECC Located in Gisan-dong in Daegu’s Suseong district; the most affluent and popular area. This area is an upper-middle class community. Daegu has all the amenities as Seoul without the congestion of 10 million people. There are variety restaurants, cafes, bars, and clubs in the city for you to enjoy as well.
To apply for any of these positions:
Forward the following items by email to YBM Education HR Division at eccmain @ybmsisa.co.kr or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your updated resume (MS word document or text file)
2. A recent digital photo of yourself (you may also send a passport scan if you want)
3. State the date you will be available to come to Korea
4. State the locations you would like to be considered for (Please try to list more than one)
QUALIFICATIONS: Native English speaker from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. Must have a bachelor’s degree, criminal background check, sealed transcripts and passport.
Go to Welcome to YBM Education::
to see pictures of our schools, see our sample contract and learn more about our organization.
We look forward to hearing from you!