Mar 11th, 2010, 08:27 am
| || |
More than a profession
| || |
Join Date: Mar 24th, 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE
| | Speaking Activity: Any, some and food quantity [ 44 cards ]
.:. Type of activity .:.
.:. Interaction Pattern .:.
Gruops / whole class
.:. Vocabulary .:.
A bar of chocolate. | A bowl of strawberries. | A bunch of bananas. | A bunch of grapes. | A bottle of milk. | A bottle of water. | A can of pop. | A can of lemonade. | A cup of coffee. | A glass of milk. | A glass of lemonade. | A jar of candy. | A jar of cookies. | A jar of jam. | A piece of cheese. | A piece of bread. | A slice of cheese. | A slice of tomato. | A slice of watermelon. | A slice of bread.
.:. Language Skills .:.
Speaking + Listening
.:. Target Language .:.
| Do you have any
| Yes, I have some
| No, I dont have any
.:. Objectives .:.
To find the matching partner with the same food quantity.
.:. Accompanying resources .:.
44 cards (22 pictures + 22 phrases)
.:. Suggestions .:.
01. After you cut along the edges, glue the picture cards on a coloured.
02. Laminate the cards for safe keeping and survive the constant use.
.:. Teacher's instructions .:.
01. Practice the previous question and answers with students using their stuff (pencil, green pen, yellow paper..etc.)
02. Write a model question and answers on the board. (You may highlight the plural s)
03. Get your students to set in a circle.
04. Select number of cards to play with. (44 are a bit too much, unless you have a huge class)
05. Go over the vocabulary in the cards by showing them the card saying the name of the picture and then passing it to the student next to you. They have to do the same.
06. Shuffle the cards in your hand then separate the cards into colors.
07. Tell your students that one color goes from right to left and the other in the opposite direction. (Do a rehearsal).
08. When you say stop, each student must keep his/ her card. (No throwing, no pushing though they will!)
09. Each students look at their cards. They should not show their cards. Students with words must ask, the one with picture answers. (You know which one by color, so you can moderate)
10. Start with one student; let him/her choose another student with the different color to ask (Do you have any
s finish the question according to the card).
11. If the answer was (Yes, I have some
s. a matching picture) then the student with the picture card loses and leaves the circle. If the answer was (No, I dont have any
..s) the student who asked loses and leaves the circle.
12. Students are expected to get excited and start throwing cards, skip friends or even hide their cards during the ask and answer time. You have to pay attention.
Last edited by Dedicated-Teacher : Mar 5th, 2011 at 10:02 pm.