Jan 16th, 2005, 08:03 am
| || |
| || |
Join Date: Dec 25th, 2004
| | Spelling Tic-Tac-Toe Game
Here's a great game to help kids with their spelling. Materials
Whiteboard or blackboard or paper or wall, its up to you
9 words that you want to practice How to play
- Pick 9 words that you want to practice spelling
- divide the class into 2 teams
- draw a tic-tac-toe board on the whiteboard
- each tic-tac-toe square will have a word in it but don't write the word (hence the spelling side of this game). Instead draw blocks that represent the word. For example, take the word "dog". This word will have 3 boxes, one tall one (for "d") one short square one (for "o") and one tall one, but below the "baseline"(for "g").
- Next i call on a team to pick one of the TTT squares and try to spell the word letter-box by letter-box. Example, instead of them saying "dog" make them spell it letter for letter. If they spell it like this: "d" - "o" - "k", erase all the letters and let the other team have a try.
- Once a team successfully spells a word cross out that square with their symbol (X or O).
- The winning team is the first team to get 3 X's or 3 O's in a row