eslHQ Home
User Name Password
Lost Password? | Join eslHQ.com, it's FREE!
View today's posts
Search Extras Help   

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Nov 9th, 2010, 10:14 pm
eslHQ Member

sylee87 is on a distinguished road
Default Good TV series to show to Elementary class?

Hi!

I have an afterschool class of 1st and 2nd graders that I have 4 times a week. They're the same kids each day which means I have to make 4 different lesson plans a week on top of my regular lesson plans. At first it was doable as I went through a variety of topics of them, but I'm slowly running out of ideas and it's getting pretty stressful!

So I thought just one day out of the week, I would show them an episode from a TV series. I've searched all over the net for slow speaking shows or Korean subtitles for shows like Spongebob and the Magic Schoolbus but couldn't find much..

Could anyone recommend a good TV series I could show to my kids that doesn't require subtitles OR one that you know of with subtitles (Korean)? Or any video series that you've had success with

Thanks a bunch!!
Unread Nov 11th, 2010, 03:46 pm
Teacher Trainer

LouannePiccolo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good TV series to show to Elementary class?

I haven't worked with it myself and it's not a TV series but the best I could come up with is Muzzy, which is a BBC language course for children using DVD's.

There are different courses for different age groups: pre-schoolers, 5-7 and 8-12+. I've just had a quick look through the site and the link will take you to the "how it works" page.

I keep getting e-mails for Muzzy but have never tested any of the materials so let us know if you try it out. I hope this helps!

Find the Best TEFL, TESL, TESOL & CELTA Certification Courses - User Submitted Ratings & Reviews for Online, Distance & Abroad TEFL Courses. Over 3,500 reviews of 100+ TEFL schools!

Teach English in Thailand - Onsite and Combined TEFL certification courses in Phuket, Thailand.

Free ESL Flashcards